A Foreign Company is a Company registered outside Kenya, under the laws of that country and given compliance under Kenyan Law to do Business in Kenya. Companies incorporated outside of Kenya can do business in Kenya by registering a branch. The registrar of companies issues a certificate of compliance once all the requirements have been met.
Requirements for Foreign Company Registration in Kenya
- Certified copies of foreign company’s memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Certified copy of the certificate of Incorporation duly certified by a Notary Public.
- If in a Foreign Language, certified copies of translated documents by a Notary Public.
- Appointment of a Local representative of the Foreign Company in Kenya.
- Registered address of the Foreign Company in County of registration.
- Notification of directors’ residential address (Form CR8)
- Proposed registered address in Kenya.
- Copies of Passport and passport photos of the Directors / shareholders.
Prescribed Forms for Foreign company Registration.
- Form 236, this is the List of documents submitted for registration by a company incorporated outside Kenya.
- Form 237, this the List and particulars of directors and secretary of a foreign company incorporated outside Kenya.
- Form 238, List of names and addresses of the individuals resident in Kenya authorized to receive service on behalf of a Foreign company incorporated outside Kenya.
- Form 250, this is the Notice of location of registered or principal office or change notification of a overseas company incorporated outside Kenya.
information provided from brs service Kenya.
contact ocl business associates for this service