A company limited by guarantee (CLG) is an alternative type of corporation used primarily for non-profit organizations that require legal personality.
A company limited by guarantee requires all directors and members to undergo vetting before the company is Registered.
A person wishing to incorporate a company should lodge with the Registrar the following documents:
- Application and reservation of name. The name search and reservation process can be done on the E-Citizen platform.
- A duly filled Form CR 1 – which is an application form used for the registration of either a Limited company, Unlimited company or a company limited by guarantee..
- Model memorandum for a company limited by guarantee (Form CR3)
- Articles of Association are only attached if the company chooses to present its own articles instead of adopting those provided in the Regulations.
- A copy of national I.D. card, KRA PIN certificate and recent colored passport photograph of each director and the company secretary (if any).
- Notification of directors’ residential address (Form CR8)
- Copy of I.D card of person lodging documents.
contact ocl business associates for this service