Director and company details required for company registration in kenya.
- Full names – your full names as displayed on your ID/Passport will be used on the application
- Occupation – you will need to state your occupation e.g. IT Consultant, marketing consultant, finance consultancy, consultant etc. If you don’t have any occupation, don’t worry, you can simply put either a businessman or businesswoman.
- Postal address – you will need to provide your postal address. If you don’t have one, you can register it with postal Kenya
- Physical Residential address – This information will be used on the Form CR8 to comply with the Company Act which requires all directors to provide their residential address. You’ll need to provide LR number or house number, building name (if any), street name, town name, country.
- Share Allocations – each director will need to be allocated at least 1 share. Remember that the total number of shares available for allocation is 1,000 shares. You can plan to allocate your 1,000 shares using percentages such as 60%/40%, 50%/50%. However, if you are just the sole director then you can have 100% share ownership.
- Proof of Identity documents – you will need to provide the following documents for registration, without them your application will be rejected.
- Copy of ID or Passport – you can scan or photocopy your identification document
- Copy of KRA PIN certificate – all Kenyan directors/shareholders will need to provide KRA PIN, however, foreigners won’t need to provide one for the registration
- Photos – must have a clear background and show all your facial features, just like a passport photo. Please avoid submitting photos that have someone wearing sunglasses, hats; this could cause your application to be rejected by the Registrar.
- Company Name Suggestions – you’ll need to come up with up to 2 company name that you would like to check its availability
- Nature of business – with the new Company Act 2015, you can now do all trade of consultancy business without any restrictions.
- Location of business premises – you will need to provide the location details of your office including LR Number or Plot Number, Building name (if any), Street name, Town name. If you don’t have a business premise yet, then you can provide your home address then make the changes later once you have secured business premises.
Finally, one needs to get a Company Seal, which is a device that include your company name on documents and is also used as a signature of the company. This can be purchased from a stationer.
There is also statutory requirement which includes;
- Registering for a Personal Identity Number, Value Added Tax & Pay-As-You-Earn with the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- One needs to Register with the National Hospital Insurance Fund which assist in medical contribution for ones employees. There is also a requirement to register with the National Social Security Fund. It is necessary and mandatory to contribute to one employee’s retirement fund.
- Also one requires registering for a Business Premises License which is done with the local county office.
contact ocl business associates for company registration in kenya.