All business registrations are processed through the business registration system(BRS).This is a system provided by the registrar of companies for the purposes of business registration in Kenya.
The process involve creation of e-citizen account.
The procedure involves.
- Name search
- Execution of Form CR1 Application for Limited company, unlimited company or company limited by guarantee.
- Execution of Form CR2 (Model memorandum for a company with share capital) and where applicable Drafting of Memorandums and Articles of association
- Execution of Form CR8 Notice of address of Directors.
- Statement of Nominal Capital Form
All this forms will be signed and scaned,then attached to the brs system through e-citizen account
Once all the forms are processed, Signed and resubmitted , the application is ready for Registration.
The certificate of incorporation and cr 12 certificate are then downloaded from the system when the registration has been approved.
Requirements for registration of a limited company in Kenya.
- Proposed company name /s for search – 5 names in order of priority.
- Objectives of the company
- Names of the shareholders / directors in full
- Postal Addresses of the directors
- Division of shares between the shareholders. Nominal capital is divisible by the value of the shares to determine the number of share available for allotment.
- Proposes physical address of the company in Kenya. (road, plot no. town)
- Residential Physical address of the Directors. That is – Estate/ village/ location, house number / plot number/ road, town, county.
- Telephone numbers of the Directors / Shareholder.
- Email address of the directors / Shareholders.
- Email address of the company. Different from director emails.
- Scan of ID or Passport of applicant.
- Passport photos of shareholder / directors.
The process of company registration in Kenya takes at least five days
contact ocl business associates for company registration in Kenya