How to Register company in Kenya online
When handling local or foreign company registration in Kenya process, like in many other functional jurisdictions and economies worldwide, the Kenyan business environment is defined by a set of legal regulations. The set of regulations required by registrar of companies for company incorporation in Kenya or in other words Company formation in Kenya for Public, Private and Foreign Company Registration in Kenya and Sole proprietorship be legally registered are contained in the New Companies Act 2015 of the laws of Kenya. The ACT also provides on how to register a sole proprietor company in Kenya. We register different types of companies in Kenya. Easy huduma kenya is well versed with e-citizen company registration process in the Business Registration Service Portal ( BRS).Now day company registration in kenya takes one day.
Procedure of Company Registration in Kenya
How to Register a Company in Kenya 2020- Company Registration
1. Business Name Search and ecitizen business registration
With our help the applicant shall be required to propose five desired name to the Registrar of Companies in Kenya for company registration
2. Memorandum and Articles of Association
The applicant will be required to engage a company secretary to draft the Memorandum and Articles of Association which will set out the objects of the company and the internal constitution of the company. Easy huduma kenya will prepare Memorandum and Articles of Association documentation for you. However the applicant can opt for Model Memorandum and Articles of Association available on the Business Registration portal (BRS)
3. Stamp duty Payment
Once the Memorandum & Articles of Association are prepared, we will lodge the documents with the Kenya registrar of companies . There is no payment of stamp duty under the new companies ACT 2015.
4. Company Registration in Kenya forms
We will make the application using your e citizen account and generate the company registration forms online.this forms are:
- Form CR 1- this form include, the registered office, liability of members (whether limited by shares or by guarantee), the type of the company (if private or public) and the name, consent of the initial director and secretary of the company and address of the agent if an agent is used to make the application. The form combines the application for company registration, KRA PIN, NHIF, and NSSF registration.
- Form CR 2 – Model of Memorandum for Company with share capital.
- Form CR 6 – covers the particulars of the company director
- Form CR 8 –Notice of residential address of Director or change of Address of Director of Company
- Form CR 10 – Notice of appointment of Secretary or Secretary’s particulars. This only applies to Companies with more than 5 million Kenya shilling in Nominal share capital.
- Statement of Nominal Share capital form.
A certificate of registration or Certificate of incorporation will be issued.
Requirements of registering a limited Company in Kenya
Company registration requirements are as follows:
- Proposed names for business name search and reservation
- Address of the proposed L.L.C including LR Number
- What the company will be doing and main objectives of the Company.
- If any of the directors are foreigners then a Kenyan director and shareholder is needed.
- Copies of Identification cards of all the Directors or passports in case of foreign directors
- PIN, Certificate copies of all the Directors
- Passport size photographs of all local Directors. This is not applicable to foreign directors
- Percentage of the shareholding for each director
Ecitizen Business Registration
contact us on 0746522216 or firstname.lastname@example.org for company registration in kenya