HOW DO I REGISTER A BUSINESS IN KENYA 2022
Registration of businesses in Kenya is done at the registrar of companies online through the e-citizen portal. It’s good to register your business so that it can be legally recognized.
Requirements for business name registration in Kenya
- Five proposed name for search.
- Complete details of all business proprietors.
- Postal address for the proposed business.
- Physical address for the proposed business. This may include the geographical location and even plot number where applicable.
- Copies of ID cards or passports for all the proprietors and partners.
- Clear and current passport photos of the partners.
- Copies of the KRA pin certificates for all the proprietors.
- Ksh 950 in your MPESA (plus transaction fees)
Steps to follow on e-citizen account.
- Go to your computer and log in to your eCitizen account.
- Go to the ‘business registration’ tab and click on it.
- Now click on ‘business registration services option.
- Now enter the five proposed name in order of priority or as you prefer the names.
- Now enter all the details required including scanning and uploading all the necessary documents. Please note that if this is a sole business, you can be both the owner and shareholder. If this is the case, then only fill in your details and upload your documents.
- After filling in the details, eCitizen will generate a BN/2 form. You must download and print it. Then fill in the required details and have all applicable proprietors sign. Afterwards, scan and upload the signed copy back to the eCitizen portal.
- Once you are sure of all the details, submit your application and move on to the payment process.
- Choose MPESA and go to your sim application on your phone.
- Go to Lipa na Mpesa and choose the PAYBILL option.
- Enter the provided business number, and account number followed by Ksh 950 in the amount. Finally, enter your pin and finish the process.
- Once eCitizen picks up your payment, it will redirect you to a new page where you can download the payment invoice.
- The application process takes about 1-2 working days for approval. You will thus have to log in into your eCitizen portal after 48 hours again to check for your approval.
Contact ocl business associates for help on your business registration and set up in Kenya on 0746522216 or email@example.com
Business name registration
National construction authority registration
Director resignation and appointment
Micro finance registration