How long does business name registration take in Kenya?In Kenya, a business name registration can be done online. This process will take about three working days.
However, if you want to register your business name in Kenya, you need how long does business name registration takes in Kenya.
The process starts with the company registration where you need to provide a company name, company name address, company name contact number, company name email address, company name bank account number and company name date of incorporation.
Then you may need to to register a Business name in Kenya.
- Business Name Search.
- You must provide at least three unique business name suggestions in order of preference for a Business name search. The proposed business name must be reserved pending registration.
- An application for name search of a proposed Business Name is made at the same time as the registration. No separate name searches are conducted. When choosing a Business name, have in mind that hundreds of thousands of names have been registered already. Make it as unique as possible in order to get a name or two at the first instance.
- Application for Business name registration..
- Once the preferred name is searched and reserved by the registrar of business names, the applicant is required to complete the application form and submit it to the registrar of business names.
- The application must be submitted within 30 days of the search and reservation of the business names, the application for registration shall be processed via the prescribed BN registration form. All Online business registration in kenya are done via the eCitizen platform.
- Upon submission, the application shall be approved and ready for issuance of the certificate.
- Business name Certificate. Upon a successful application, The certificate of Registration of the Business name, also referred to as BN 3 is processed thereafter and issued.
Requirements for Business Name Registration.
- The Proposed Business names for search and reservation. – The proposed business name search is conducted to ensure it is not similar to an existing registered Business. If approved, it is reserved for 30 days.
- The nature of Business. One activity the business shall undertake. – A Sole proprietorship or partnership is permitted to conduct only one line of business due to the nature of its liability.
- Names of the Proprietor/s in Full.
- Postal address for the Business Name.
- Proposed Physical address of the Business. Address includes Name of road, Plot number, town, county.
- Copy of ID or Passport of the Proprietor or Partners.
- Passport photo of the Proprietor/s.
- Email address of the Business distinct from that of the proprietors.
- Residential Physical address of the proprietor or partners. The Address to includes the Name of road, house number, town, county.
A Business Name registration will take an average of 3 days to process.
After business name registration what next? After the registration of the Business name, you shall apply for a PIN certificate. Thereafter you may open a Bank account and commence with your Business.