Online Foreign company registration in Kenya
Ocl business associates, provides you with a reliable Foreign company registration service in Kenya. A foreign company is a company registered in a foreign jurisdiction seeking to register the same company in Kenya and getting a Certificate of compliance to conduct its business in Kenya.
A Foreign Company is a Company registered outside Kenya, under the laws of that country and given compliance under Kenyan Law to do Business in Kenya. Companies incorporated outside of Kenya can do business in Kenya by registering a branch. The registrar of companies issues a certificate of compliance once all the requirements have been met
Foreign company registration enables a foreign entity to maintain its original corporate identity, structure and legal status as is in the foreign jurisdiction in Kenya and to acquire legal status to trade locally.
Requirements for registration of a Foreign company
- Scanned certified copy of certificate of incorporation of company from country of registration.
- Scanned certified copy of the Memorandums and Articles of Association of the company. (If in a Foreign language, interpreted and certified copy)
- Registered office in country of origin (Plot / House number, road, City, country)
- Registered office of the Branch in Kenya. (Name of building/ location, plot number, road, county).
- Names of the Directors / shareholders and share structure.
- Contact information of the directors / shareholders – Email address, Telephone number, postal address and residential addresses.
- Scans of Passport bio data and passport photo of directors / shareholders.
- Appointment of local representative
Prescribed Forms for Foreign company Registration.
- Form 236, this is the List of documents submitted for registration by a company incorporated outside Kenya.
- Form 237, this the List and particulars of directors and secretary of a foreign company incorporated outside Kenya.
- Form 238, List of names and addresses of the individual’s resident in Kenya authorized to receive service on behalf of a Foreign company incorporated outside Kenya.
- Form 250, this is the Notice of location of registered or principal office or change notification of a overseas company incorporated outside Kenya.
The responsibilities of a local representative include:
- To keep the registered office, open on each business day from at least 10 am to 12 noon and from at least 2pm to 4 pm;
- Remain available at all times when the office is open;
- Lodge with the Registrar for registration a notice of the hours between 9 am and 5pm on each business day during which the branch’s registered office in Kenya is kept open;
- Lodge with the Registrar for registration a notice of the change of the new address of that office;
- Within seven days after making a change to the hours during which the registered office in Kenya is kept open, lodge with the Registrar for registration a notice of the change; and
- Ensure that the registered office complies with all the requirements set out under Division 4 of Part XXXVII of the Companies Act.
Appointment of local representative requirement
- Names in full of the local representative.
- Copy of ID and PIN of the local representative.
- Scan passport photo of the local representative.
- Contact information of the local representative. IE. Postal address, email, Telephone number.
- Residential address of the local representative.
“Upon presentation of the certified documents, the prescribed forms and payment of the registration fees. The application is processed and a certificate of compliance is issued for successful applications.”
We also provide a whole range of post registration services to our clients.
Foreign director PIN
Foreign Company PIN
Bank account processing
contact ocl business associates for foreign company registration in kenya today