REQUIREMENTS FOR PUBLIC GAMING (CASINO) LICENCE
- The applicant to complete the prescribed form i.e. Form 13A.
- Proposed operating name of the business if different from the registered
- Business form (sole Proprietorship of joint venture)
- Names of Directors and shareholders to be supported by a current CR12
- A PIN Certificate & Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue
- A copy of the certificate of incorporation or registration as the case may
- Certificate of Good Conduct for the Company Directors
- Memorandum and articles of association for your company whose objects
must among others include gaming
- Evidence of capacity to undertake public gaming operation in a seamless
- A business plan showing the minimum investment and Sources of funding
- Submit a broad statement on the choice of Kenya for the licenses applied
for and the anticipated benefits to :-
Government of Kenya
Directors and shareholders
- The proposed games of chance to be offered in the casino with a brief
description of each game.
- The name and full address of the company(s)/manufacturer(s) that/who
will be providing the applicant with the gaming equipment, such as tables,
Gaming machines, cards and all other devices and systems to be used in
- The rules for all the games to be offered as well as the pay back
- Proposal on how to mitigate excessive play and underage participation
- Dispute resolution procedure
- Audited Accounts for applicants other business operation for the last
three (3) years, and evidence that none of them has a pending litigation
and if any,
provide Case No., nature and status
- The proposed principal place of business Physical and contact address
- In case of a leased premises copy of lease agreement executed due to be
executed, The location will be subject to inspection to determine its
suitability as a public gaming premises and for a new public gaming
premises the location must be at least 5 kilometers from existing and
operating public gaming premises.
- In addition to the submission of above information you will be expected to
complete a Probity form to facilitate due diligence. The Probity form must
be completed by all directors to facilitate due diligence.
- Demonstrate ability to pay the applicable fees shown below.
Application fees – Kshs.1,000,000/=(non–refundable)
License fee Grant – Kshs.3,000,000/=
Local Director – Kshs. 250,000(non-refundable)
Foreign Director – Kshs.1,000,000/=(non-refundable)
These above fees are paid upfront and are non-refundable
Annual License fee – Kshs. 500,000/=
License renewal – Kshs. 25000/=
- Commencement of operations.
Upon successful applications and issuance of a license to an applicant,
the license MUST be operationalised within six (6) months and evidence
shall be required to demonstrate commencement of operations or
milestones achieved towards its operationalization.
All applicants shall be required to appear before the Board and make a
presentation regarding the proposed operation for the licence applied for. The
presentation shall be judged on the following criteria;
Understanding of the operations regarding the licence being applied
for in this case Public Gaming(casino).
Submission of the requisite documents
Level of preparedness to commence operations
Demonstrate innovativeness and creativity
The Board may require further details merited to finalize your application
request in conforming to the regulations as per the Betting Lotteries and
Gaming Act, Cap 131 Laws of Kenya. You shall also be issued with
operational requirements for the licence once your applications is successful
NB: The Board shall also inspect your proposed location and the premises to determine their suitability for Public Gaming (Casino).
contact ocl business associates