Registering a business name in Kenya.
The process of registering a name is a relatively simple process and can be done by anyone. The first step is to obtain the name of the company or business you wish to register. The next business is to obtain the address of the registered office. This can be done by contacting the local government. Next, you need to obtain the registration number. The next step is to obtain the registration form from the local government. The final step is to fill out the form and submit it to the local government. Once the registration form is submitted, you will receive a registration number. You will also receive a letter confirming that the registration is complete.
Name Registrations in Kenya, are commonly referred to as Sole Proprietorships, BN2, or Partnerships and are Registered under the Business Names Act. This is the most common business registration process for small businesses and Partnerships in Kenya.
You may register a Business name in Kenya as a sole proprietorship or a partnership to conduct you Business in Kenya. A Business name registration is normally registered for a single line or single nature of Business or a specific Business as opposed to a limited company where you may conduct multiple objectives or lines of business.
At Biz Brokers Kenya, We assist you with the business name search and business name registration process and guide you on how to register a business in Kenya. As a leading Online business registration service provider in Kenya,
How to register a Business name in Kenya.
- Business Name Search.
- You must provide at least three unique business name suggestions in order of preference for a Business name search. The proposed business name must be reserved pending registration.
- An application for name search of a proposed Business Name is made at the same time as the registration. No separate name searches are conducted. When choosing a Business name, have in mind that hundreds of thousands of names have been registered already. Make it as unique as possible in order to get a name or two at the first instance.
- Application for Business name registration..
- Once the preferred name is searched and reserved by the registrar of business names, the application for registration shall be processed via the prescribed BN registration form. All Online business registration in Kenya is done via the eCitizen platform.
- Upon submission, the application shall be approved and ready for issuance of the certificate.
- Business Name Certificate. Upon a successful application, The certificate of Registration of the Business name also referred to as BN 3 is processed thereafter and issued.
Requirements for Business Name Registration.
- The Proposed Business names for search and reservation. – The proposed business name search is conducted to ensure it is not similar to an existing registered Business. If approved, it is reserved for 30 days.
- The nature of Business. One activity the business shall undertake. – A Sole proprietorship or partnership is permitted to conduct only one line of business due to the nature of its liability.
- Names of the Proprietor/s in Full.
- Postal address for the Business Name.
- Proposed Physical address of the Business. The address includes the Name of the road, Plot number, town, county.
- Copy of ID or Passport of the Proprietor or Partners.
- Passport photo of the Proprietor/s.
- Email address of the Business distinct from that of the proprietors.
- Residential Physical address of the proprietor or partners. The Address to includes the Name of road, house number, town, county.
contact ocl business associates