A foreign company wishing to do business in Kenya may register their existing foreign company in Kenya. A registration certificate is the result.A foreign company is hence a company registered outside Kenyan jurisdiction and given a certificate of compliance under Kenyan law to conduct business like any local company.
How to register a Foreign Company in Kenya.
Any company duly registered outside Kenya that wants to carry on its business in Kenya may register as a Foreign or branch company in Kenya. Foreign company registration is regulated by the Company Act 2015 and guidelines are as provided below for the registration of foreign companies in kenya
Requirements for registration of Foreign Company in Kenya.
To register a branch of a foreign company in Kenya, you shall require the following.
- Certified copies of foreign company memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Certified copy of the certificate of Incorporation duly certified by a Notary Public.
- If in a Foreign Language, certified copies of translated documents by a Notary Public.
- Name and contact information of the Local representative of the Foreign company
- Registered address of the Foreign company in County of registration.
- Proposed Registered address in Kenya. Name of Building, Plot number, street, town, County.
- Copies of Passport and passport photos of the Directors / shareholders.
Foreign company Registration forms.
- List of documents delivered for registration by a company incorporated outside Kenya.
- List and particulars of the directors and secretary of a company incorporated outside Kenya.
- List of names and addresses of the persons resident in Kenya authorized to receive service on behalf of a company incorporated outside Kenya.
- Notice of situation of registered or principal office or change therein of a company incorporated outside Kenya.
- Upon a successful submission of the required documents for registration, the company shall be issued with a Certificate of Compliance
- – PIN and VAT Registration
Registration of branch of foreign company in kenya
If a company is registered in a foreign country, it has an obligation to comply to local laws. After complying to local laws, a company can trade locally. However, for the purpose of tax registration in Kenya, a company may register as a Branch Company/Foreign company to trade locally in Kenya. To register a branch of a foreign company in Kenya,