The economy of Kenya possess a very high growth rate and its GDP growth rate is very high in the recent years ,that why immigration rate is very high ,and the government must put on the measures so as to protect the jobs for Kenyans .that’s why a permission in needed to process or work in Kenya .a special pass is one of the requirements needed to work in Kenya .A special pass is a 3months work permit which is issued to a non-citizen of Kenya , it takes around 3 months to be processed This document is issued under regulation 34 of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations, 2012 to person(s) who wishes to enter Kenya or remain in Kenya for:-
A limited period for the purpose of applying a review of a decision denying a permit
Applying for a permit or pass
Temporarily conducting any business, trade or profession
Types of special passes
Kenya issues the three types of special passes i.e., special pass, dependent pass and Student/Research/Internship pass. These are specified under Section 26 of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations, 2012.
Special Pass Application
Kenya Special Pass Application
Its issued under Regulation 34 of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations, 2012, to person(s) who wishes to enter or remain in Kenya for a limited period for purposes of temporarily conducting a business, trade or profession.
Dependent Pass Application
Kenya Dependent Pass Application
Its issued to a person whose spouse, parent or guardian is lawfully entitled to enter Kenya in accordance to the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations, 2012 section 27 (1).
Kenya Student/Internship/Research Pass Application
Student Pass Application
Its issued to applicants (foreign students) (section 30(1) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations 2012, who wish to purse their education in Kenya’s Education or Training Institutions where they have been accepted or admitted. The applicant (foreign student) must be accepted as a student by an approved Educational or Training Establishment.
- A dully filled and signed Form 32 – Special Pass online application form (Stamped by Institution).
- Detailed and Signed Cover letter addressed to the Director of Immigration Services from the applicant/organization
- Two (2) recent passport size color photos.
- Copy of passport (the bio-data page)
- Current Immigration status if in the country
- Copy of Registration Certificate for the organization.
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates
- Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution
- Copy of any permit or passes held.
- Copy of any official receipt or acknowledgement for those waiting for permits processing.
- Clearance letter from the relevant authorities.
- Copy of Checklist
For assistance visit our office or our website for more help. we do all kinds of registrations in Kenya at an affordable rate