Special Pass Permit application in Kenya.
A Special Pass in Kenya is an immigration Permit issued to foreign nationals wishing to work in Kenya for several months. It is commonly referred to as a temporary work permit.
A Special Pass permit is issued for a period of 3 months and may in some cases be extended for another 3 months. A special permit is also generally issued were a study permit is pending. This permit is not issued to study/scholarship holders and also to those holding a student visa or a student permit. However, a student visa holder, or a student permit holder may apply for an extension of their visa. A visa extension can only be granted if the permit holder has been in the country for a period of 3 months. The Special Pass Permit holder is limited to a maximum of 9 months in the country. The holder of the permit does not have to apply for a visa extension but may apply for a permit extension if he/she is still in the process of completing his/her studies. The permit holder is only allowed to work in Kenya for the duration of the permit. This permit holder will be able to apply for a student visa extension. This permit is renewable upon submission of a completed application form. The permit holder is required to renew this permit every 3 months.t
Application for a Special Pass in Kenya.
- Copy of certificate of incorporation/registration of the employer company or organization.
- Copy of the Memorandums or registration documents of the company or organization.
- PIN certificate of the Company / Organization.
- Copy of the current Passport of the applicant.
- Passport photo of the applicant.
- CV of the applicant..
- Academic qualification certificates of the applicant..
- Cover letter of the employer or organization.
- Contact information of both the applicant and the employer. Email addresses, Telephone number, Postal address.
- Physical address of the company and Residential address of the applicant.
A special pass is processed and issued to qualified applicants upon application.
How to apply for a Special Pass in Kenya
Upon compilation of the requirements. We shall fill out the Special pass application and submit the application for processing, clearance and approval. A special pass application may take anything between 10 days to a month to process. the application is processed, the applicant will be issued a special pass. The special pass is vaild for a period of three months, after which, a renewal form is required to be submitted for extension.