Here are the procedures to follow when registering the company.
The Proposed company name must be searched and reserved pending registration. Names can only be reserved for thirty days.
Application for reservation of a name are made filling out Form CR 14 and be accompanied with the prescribed fee.
- Documents prescribed for incorporation of a company.
The company Memorandum and Articles of Association – Highlights the objectives of the company, the subscribers, the share structure of the company and the subscribers to the Memorandums and Articles of the company.
– Form CR1 – Application for registration of a Limited company, Unlimited company or a company limited by guarantee.
– Form CR2 – Model memorandum for a company with a share capital.
– Form CR8 – Notice of Residential address of the Directors.
– Statement of nominal capital – Declaration of Nominal Capital of the company.
- Only companies with a Nominal capital of over Kshs 500,000 are required to have a Certified company Secretary.
- The Statement of Nominal capital is exempted from stamp duty under the new company regulations
Registration – Certificate of Incorporation is processed and issued thereafter.
To register a company in Kenya you shall require the following information and documents.
- Proposed company names for name search approval.- 3 names in order of priority.
- Objectives of the Company. The nature of Business / activities the company shall undertake.
- Names of the shareholders in Full.
- Names of the Directors in full if different from the shareholders.
- Contact information of the directors / shareholders. – Postal addresses, Email address and Telephone Number.
- Number of shares to be held by each shareholder.
- Proposed Physical address of the company. The Physical Address includes road, plot number, town, county.
- Email address of the company. Distinct from that of the directors / shareholders.
- Contact information of the company – Postal addresses and Telephone Number.
- Copy of ID / Passport of the Shareholders / Directors.
- Passport photos of the Shareholders / Directors.
- Copy of tax PIN certificate of the Shareholders / Directors.
An application is then made to the registrar of companies. Upon a successful application a certificate of incorporation is issued to the directors / shareholders of the Company. you must know the proposed physical address of the company and the number of shares of each shareholder. Once you finish your registration, you will receive a certificate of incorporation.
contact ocl business associates for company registration in Kenya