What is required to register a company in Kenya?
The following are the requirements for the registration of a company:
1. Completed company registration form
2. Company details – company name, company address, company registration number, company type, company activities, company directors, company shareholders, company president, company directors, company secretary, company treasurer
How to register a Company in Kenya
To register a company in Kenya, you shall require the following.
- Name Search The Proposed company name must be searched and reserved pending registration. Names can only be reserved for thirty days.
- Application for reservation of a name is made by filling out Form CR 14 and accompanied by the prescribed fee.
- Documents prescribed for incorporation of a company.
- The company Memorandum and Articles of Association – Highlights the objectives of the company, the subscribers, the share structure of the company, and the subscribers to the Memorandums and Articles of the company.
- – Form CR1 – Application for registration of a Limited company, Unlimited company, or a company limited by guarantee.
- – Form CR2 – Model memorandum for a company with a share capital.
- – Form CR8 – Notice of Residential address of the Directors.
- – Statement of nominal capital – Declaration of Nominal Capital of the company.
- Only companies with a Nominal capital of over Kshs 500,000 are required to have a Certified company Secretary.
- The Statement of Nominal capital is exempted from stamp duty under the new company regulations
- Registration – Certificate of Incorporation is processed and issued thereafter.
Requirements for company registration in Kenya.
To register a company in Kenya you shall require the following information and documents.
- Proposed company names for name search approval.- 3 names in order of priority.
- Objectives of the Company. The nature of Business/activities the company shall undertake.
- Names of the shareholders in Full.
- Names of the Directors in full if different from the shareholders.
- Contact information of the directors/shareholders. – Postal addresses, Email addresses, and Telephone Numbers.
- The number of shares to be held by each shareholder.
- Proposed Physical address of the company. The Physical Address includes road, plot number, town, county.
- Email address of the company. Distinct from that of the directors/shareholders.
- Contact information of the company – Postal addresses and Telephone Number.
- Copy of ID / Passport of the Shareholders / Directors.
- Passport photos of the Shareholders / Directors.
- Copy of tax PIN certificate of the Shareholders / Directors.
An application is then made to the registrar of companies. Upon a successful application, a certificate of incorporation is issued to the directors/shareholders of the Company.
the certificate of incorporation is downloaded online
contact ocl business associates for company registration in kenya