What other documents are foreign companies required to file with the Companies Registry?
A foreign company should notify Registrar of any changes to the original information delivered for registration as and when changes occur. This includes changes to:
- its constitution (or any other document lodged in relation to the company)
- its directors or their particulars e.g. addresses
- the extent of the powers of directors in Kenya [to represent the company]
- its local representative(s) or their name/address
- the location in its place of origin of its registered office or, where it has no such registered office, its principal place of business.
- the location of its place of business in Kenya
The above changes must be notified within one month of the occurrence of the relevant change using Form FC7.
A registered foreign company must also deliver forms to the Registry notifying the following (within the period specified):
- the particulars of the place in Kenya it proposes to carry on business (prior to carrying on business at that place using Form FC4)
- the closure of a place of business in Kenya (within 21 days of such closure using form FC8). Note that a company is deemed to have closed a place if it does not carry on business there for a continuous period of 6 months.
- the opening hours of the registered office in Kenya using Form FC6
- a change in location of the registered office in Kenya or a change in the opening hours (within 7 days of such change using Form FC5)
contact ocl business asociates for private company registration in kenya